News: Now Hiring / Open Jobs
|7/19/2021 12:00:00 AM
||Lauren J. Masset
Information on West Seneca Youth & Recreation Open Jobs
Part-Time Job Openings:
West Seneca Youth & Recreation is continuously collecting applications for the following part-time positions:
1. Recreation Attendant PT ($15-16.50/hour)
Recreation Attendants help support our many amazing youth programs in the Community Center Gym. These programs can include basketball clinics, art programs, open gym, summer fun (half-day camp), and more! This is a part-time entry-level position with shifts that range between 4-6 hours long. Applicants can be as young as 16 years old. Apply Here
2. Recreation Leader PT ($20-$20.50/hour)
Work in this position involves acting as a program leader for an assigned program, including but not limited to, developing, planning, organizing, and implementing seasonal or year-round recreation programs. Recreation Leaders ensure safety at the program, ensure all department procedures and policies are followed at the program, and oversee the program, employees, etc. This position is in a highly active indoor or outdoor role. This position allows you to build different skills, have an impact on our community, assist others and provide positive youth development opportunities. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and have experience in conducting recreational activities. and have a valid First Aid Certification Apply Here
3. Lifeguard PT ($16.00 - $16.50/hour)
4. Lifeguard Swim Instructor PT ($17.00 - $17.50/hour)
5. Head Lifeguard PT ($18.00 - $18.50/hour)
6. Asst. Pool Supervisor PT ($19.00 - $19.50/hour)
7. Pool Supervisor PT ($20.00+/hour) - Filled
8. Clerk Typist PT ($15.00/hour) - Applications are always accepted! Apply here.
Click here to apply: http://www.westseneca.net/application/files/7816/5851/7635/Fillable_Application_7.2022.pdf
The hours per each position vary and are based on departmental needs. Employees could be assigned to the department’s office, youth programs, adult programs, and/or special events.
If you would like to offer a program, that we currently do not offer, please see the information on HOW TO APPLY under the Recreation Leader PT job description.
Please note that the department will not run any program without a Recreation Leader and at least one Recreation Attendant (this number could increase depending on the program).
For information regarding OPEN JOBS in other Town of West Seneca departments please visit this link: http://www.westseneca.net/jobs#gsc.tab=0
How to submit your application to West Seneca Youth & Recreation:
- Obtain a West Seneca Youth & Recreation Employment Application. Applications can be found:
- Online via this link: http://www.westseneca.net/jobs#gsc.tab=0
- In Person at the Recreation Office (on the flyer wall, next to our teller window) inside the Community Center and Library located at 1300 Union Road.
- Complete the application, and attach any certifications that you have.
- Submit your completed application to:
- In Person: Recreation Office inside the Community Center and Library located at 1300 Union Road, West Seneca, NY, 14224, Monday – Friday, between 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM.
- Via USPS: Mail to Recreation, 1250 Union Road, West Seneca, NY, 14224
- Via Email: email@example.com