News: March 2021 Newsletter
|2/24/2021 12:00:00 AM
||Lauren J. Masset
March 2021 Newsletter
- Reminder the West Seneca Youth & Recreation department will be closed on Good Friday (4/2/2021).
- Summer Day Camp, Swim Lessons and Aquatics Schedule - The West Seneca Town Board approved these programs for 2021. Summer Day Campregistration begins 3/1/2021 and Swim Lesson Levels and Little Swimmers registration is now open. These programs and facilities opening/running will be contingent upon the following factors (a) staffing levels. If you are interested in applying, please visit our employment information page (b) NYS Summer Camps COVID-19 Guidelines and NYS Public Pool COVID-19 Guidelines. (c) Any other factors related to COVID-19. Walk-In Program Registration is by APPOINTMENT ONLY due to low staffing. Appointments will take place Monday - Friday between 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM and on Tuesday and Wednesday between 2:30 - 4:30 PM. Please call 674-6086 to set up an appointment. Please see each programs, program page for more information.
- Check out our Winter Wellness Challenge - Keep your mind and body active this winter with the West Seneca Youth & Recreation Winter Wellness Challenge! This challenge can be done weekly or daily, by yourself or with family and friends! Please share your experiences with us by posting photos on social media and using the #WSREC. More information can be found by clicking here.
- The office is open under a limited schedule. Currently, Membership Cards and Summer Program Registration (Swim Lessons or Summer Day Camp) is by appointment only. Please email Lauren J. Masset, Recreation Supervisor at email@example.com or call 716-674-6086 (leave your name, phone number and reason for the appointment and we will follow up with you). Appointments will be scheduled Monday – Friday during our regular hours of operation when times are available. The department resuming its regular hours of operation for walk in membership cards and program registration is contingent upon staffing levels. We are now hiring CLERK TYPIST PT. More information can be found by visiting our website.
- Open Public Skate, Adult Skate and Over 30 - As of 1-15-2021 NYSDOH/ECDOH was not allowing programs such as Adult Skate and Open Public Skate. Hockey is only permitted to practice. Games and scrimmages are not allowed (this includes both organized leagues and pick up). Adult Skate, Open Skate and Over 30 ends annually in late March. If/When NYS allows these programs the department will not have enough time between the date the programs are allowed again, to complete the hiring, on boarding, orientation, and training process to run a season. Therefore, Adult Skate, Open Public Skate and Over 30 Hockey have been cancelled for the 2021 season as of 1-15-2021.
- CCL Youth Gym Programs have been suspended due to COVID-19 and low staffing levels. programs re-starting is contingent upon proper staffing levels. We are still collecting employment applications for these programs. Please see our website for more information regarding open jobs.
- The department launched a Virtual Recreation Center! This is your place to find active, fun, recreation resources through these unprecedented times. We are committed to ensuring that our community has resources to maintain healthy lives, foster relationships, and continue to create memorable experiences. During these challenging times, our Virtual Recreation Center will help bring ideas to keep you and your loved ones healthy and entertained. This concept is taking the place of our WSREC@HOME. Link: https://westsenecany.myrec.com/info/activities/program_details.aspx?ProgramID=29842
- The department launched a new activity registration system and website. Please visit westsenecarecreation.com for more information.
- Resident ID Cards are no longer valid regardless of the expiration date. you now need a Membership Card please visit our website for more information.
- West Seneca Youth & Recreation is pairing with the friends of the Burchfield Nature and Art Center to bring you the “Discover West Seneca Series" this is a collection of scavenger hunts that take place around town. Check out our website for more information.
- West Seneca Youth & Recreation is pairing with the friends of the Burchfield Nature and Art Center to bring you “Craft Kits" Craft Kits are free, one per youth, while supplies last. Craft Kits can be picked up outside our office window when the CCL is open.
- Check out the Town of West Seneca Parks Tour and Activity Book. The book includes details on each town park, with activities that each household can participate in while practicing social distancing from others. Activities list adaptive suggestions (as needed). When the book is completed, there is a certificate parents can fill in and give their children. The book includes the NYSDOH "Guidance on How to Protect Yourself and Your Family from COVID-19 When Enjoying the Outdoors" memo stated March 18, 2020. LINK http://www.westseneca.net/application/files/9515/8558/9434/2020_Town_of_West_Seneca_Parks_Tour__Activity_Book___2.pdf
- The department resuming its regular office hours of operation (and offering extended hours), resuming its program schedule and offering future programs is contingent upon staffing levels. We are Now Hiring:
- For Summer 2021 Recreation Programs and Lifeguards. We cannot run camp program or open the aquatics center without qualified staff. For more information on open jobs, please visit our website.
- Youth Service Coordinator Part-Time (Year-Round), $17.00/hour. please visit our website for more information.
- Clerk Typist Part-Time (Year-Round), $12.50/hour. Please visit our website for more information. We cannot open our office with a clerk-typist.
Continues Application Accepted For:
Recreation Attendant, Part-Time
various positions such as but not limited to ice rink guard (16+), youth gym attendant (18+), camp staff (18+), certified aquatics staff (16+). We need Rec Attendants PT for 2021 programs (Adult skate, Open skate, Pickleball, Basketball, Open Gym, and More)!
Requirements include being proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Send completed application along with a current resume to The Town of West Seneca, Recreation Department, 1250 Union Road, West Seneca, NY 14224
Now Hiring Link: http://www.westseneca.net/departments-and-services/youth-recreation/youth-gym-3#gsc.tab=0
APPLY TODAY! offering & Running safe & successful Recreation programs is dependent upon OUR STAFF / STAFFING LEVELS!
This document does not contain all department information. Please visit our website (www.westsenecarecreation.com) for more information.