News: January 2021 Newsletter
|12/28/2020 12:00:00 AM
||Lauren J. Masset
January 2021 Newsletter
Happy New Year!
Continues Application Accepted For:
- Reminder the West Seneca Youth & Recreation department will be closed on New Years Day and MLK Day.
- CCL Youth Gym Programs have been suspended due to COVID-19. We will re-evaluate this decision on a regular basis. All programs re-starting is contingent upon proper staffing levels. We are still collecting employment applications for these programs. Please see below for more information regarding Open Jobs.
- Open Public Skate, Adult Skate and Over 30 - NYS IS NOT ALLOWING THESE TYPE(S) OF ACTIVITIES at this time. WHEN ALLOWED AGAIN ALL PROGRAMS ARE CONTINGENT UPON PROPER STAFFING LEVELS. We are still collecting employment applications for these programs. Please see below for more information on Open Jobs.
- Due to COVID-19, ALL Y.E.S. partner organizations who offered service opportunities have canceled these opportunities indefinitely. We are continuing to reach out to our current partners and hoping to find new partners. Due to this, the Y.E.S. program is suspended until further notice. This includes events and orientations.
- The department launched a Virtual Recreation Center! This is your place to find active, fun, recreation resources through these unprecedented times. We are committed to ensuring that our community has resources to maintain healthy lives, foster relationships, and continue to create memorable experiences. During these challenging times, our Virtual Recreation Center will help bring ideas to keep you and your loved ones healthy and entertained. This concept is taking the place of our WSREC@HOME. Link: https://westsenecany.myrec.com/info/activities/program_details.aspx?ProgramID=29842
- The department launched a new activity registration system and website. Please visit westsenecarecreation.com for more information.
- Resident ID Cards are no longer valid regardless of the expiration date. you now need a Membership Card please visit our website for more information.
- West Seneca Youth & Recreation is pairing with the friends of the Burchfield Nature and Art Center to bring you the “Discover West Seneca Series" this is a collection of scavenger hunts that take place around town. Check out our website for more information.
- West Seneca Youth & Recreation is pairing with the friends of the Burchfield Nature and Art Center to bring you “Craft Kits" Craft Kits are free, one per youth, while supplies last. Craft Kits can be picked up outside our office window when the CCL is open.
- Check out the Town of West Seneca Parks Tour and Activity Book. The book includes details on each town park, with activities that each household can participate in while practicing social distancing from others. Activities list adaptive suggestions (as needed). When the book is completed, there is a certificate parents can fill in and give their children. The book includes the NYSDOH "Guidance on How to Protect Yourself and Your Family from COVID-19 When Enjoying the Outdoors" memo stated March 18, 2020. LINK http://www.westseneca.net/application/files/9515/8558/9434/2020_Town_of_West_Seneca_Parks_Tour__Activity_Book___2.pdf
- Job Postings - All recreation programs and facilities are Contingent upon proper staffing levels. We are Now Hiring:
- For Summer 2021 Recreation Programs and Lifeguards. We cannot run programs or open the aquatics center without qualified staff. For more information on open jobs, please visit our website.
- Youth Service Coordinator Part-Time (Year-Round), $16.00/hour. please visit our website for more information.
- Clerk Typist Part-Time (Year-Round), $12.50/hour. please visit our website for more information. We cannot open our office with a clerk-typist.
Recreation Attendant, Part-Time
various positions such as but not limited to ice rink guard (16+), youth gym attendant (18+), camp staff (18+), certified aquatics staff (16+). We need Rec Attendants PT for 2021 programs (Adult skate, Open skate, Pickleball, Basketball, Open Gym, and More)!
Requirements include being proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Send completed application along with a current resume to The Town of West Seneca, Recreation Department, 1250 Union Road, West Seneca, NY 14224
Now Hiring Link: http://www.westseneca.net/departments-and-services/youth-recreation/youth-gym-3#gsc.tab=0
APPLY TODAY! Offering & running safe & successful Recreation programs is dependent upon OUR STAFF / STAFFING LEVELS!
This document does not contain all department information. Please visit our website (www.westsenecarecreation) for more information.