See alerts at the top of the page for changes to our regular schedule. We always suggest calling before you come in, to ensure that we are not closed due to low staffing, regardless of the date/time, as a last-minute closure could happen at any time, 716-674-6086. Posted 12/6/21.
You must create your online household account and add all account members before we can issue you any membership cards. Please see below for more information.
Resident ID Cards are now called Membership Cards! Membership Cards are taking the place of Town of West Seneca ID Cards and previously issued ID Cards are no longer valid (regardless of their expiration date, this includes senior cards which previously had no expiration date). Previously, you needed a valid Resident ID Card to qualify for the Resident Rate at ALL recreation programs and facilities. For most programs which require pre-registration such as but not limited to Youth Open Gym and Summer Day Camp, Membership Cards will no longer be required. Your residency status will be assigned based on your residency address you use when creating your online recreation account. For programs that have open admission Membership Cards will be required. If a membership card is required it will be listed on the program page.
Who is eligible for a Membership Card?
Any person who resides at an address that pays Town of West Seneca property taxes is eligible for a Membership Card. West Seneca Central School district taxes do not qualify you for a Membership Card. Any other tax type does not qualify you for a Membership Card.
Where can I obtain a Membership Card?
Membership Cards are typically issued Monday - Friday between 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM or 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM when the department is able to meet the request. However, We highly suggest you call our office before you arrive, to ensure we are issuing Membership Cards, due to low staffing, we are sometimes closed or unable to issue cards with no notice during the listed times. The department is no open on weekends or holidays, cards are not issued on those days, for a list of holidays the department is closed, please see our homepage.
When Membership Cards are issued at the West Seneca Youth & Recreation Office, the person who the Membership Card will be assigned to must be present to have their photo taken. You must also provide the documents as outlined below OR the Town will not issue the person with missing items a Membership Card. There are no exceptions. We hold all patrons to the same set of policies. This is to be fair to all.
Requirements to obtain a Membership Card for adults (over the age of 18):
- The adult must have an online recreation account set up and/or be a member of a household who already has an online recreation account set up.
- Proof of Residency: Photo ID such as Non-Drivers ID or Driver’s License listing your Town of West Seneca Property Tax Address. If you recently moved and your Photo ID does not yet list your Town of West Seneca Property Tax address, please provide a piece of mail listing your name and Town of West Seneca Property Tax address.
- A previous/expired/old Resident ID Card or Membership Card is not an acceptable form of identification for a Membershipp
- A passport is not an acceptable form of identification for a Membership Card.
- The adult must be present to have their photo taken for the Membership Card.
- There are no exceptions. We hold all patrons to the same set of policies. This is to be fair to all.
Requirements to obtain a Membership Card for children (under the age of 18):
- The youth must already be a member of a household who already has already set up an online recreation account. The youth must be listed under his parent’s/guardian’s account.
- Proof of Residency: The youths Birth Certificate or Health Insurance Card or Report Card or similar document that lists both the Youth First and Last name and the Parent/Guardians name, who resides at a Town of West Seneca address that pays Town of West Seneca property taxes, whose MyRec Account the child is listed under (copies/phone photos are accepted). If the document does not meet this requirement it will be rejected, and we will not issue the child a Membership Card. Again, the document for a youth must list the youth first and last name PLUS the Parent/Guardians name, who resides at the Town of West Seneca address that pays Town of West Seneca property taxes.
- The child must be present to have their photo taken for the Membership
- A previous/expired/old Resident ID Card or Membership Card is not an acceptable form of identification for a Membership.
- There are no exceptions. We hold all patrons to the same set of policies. This is to be fair to all.
Membership Card Policies:
- Only the person the Membership Card is issued to is issued to, is the only person allowed to use the Membership Card. The person’s photo will be taken at the time of issuance and linked to their profile on the account, when the card is scanned, their photo will appear. At facilities where scanning is not able to take place, the person must show their Membership Card and proof of residence. If any person is caught sharing their Membership Card (i.e. someone else uses it) and/or any person is caught using a Membership card that is not assigned to said person they will have their entire household account and Membership Cards suspended for one year. The person or persons will not be eligible to register for a Town of West Seneca Recreation program.Each person named on the account or in the household needs their own Membership Card.Membership Cards are valid for two (2) years from the issue date. Example: If your card was issued on June 2, 2020 the card would expire June 1, 2022. Except in the case of Summer Resident passes, see above for more details.
How Long Are Membership Cards Valid For?
- Any Membership Card that is lost, stolen, misplaced, expired, etc., and a new Membership Card is needed, the fee will be the same as obtaining a new Membership card.
- If a person is caught or any members of their account are caught using an address that is not their primary residence the account and Membership Card will be suspended for one year. The person or persons will not be eligible to register for a Town of West Seneca Recreation program.
Membership Card Fees:
- Membership Cards are $10 (per card, per person, 59 years of age or younger) and valid for 2 years. We accept cash, check, money orders and credit cards as methods of payment. The preferred method of payment is check or money order "made out to the Town of West Seneca". Credit Cards are accepted but there is an additional transaction fee. The transaction fees are set by Gov’t portal and are subject to change at any time with no notice. There is an ATM located at Town Hall, there is a fee for use.
- Active Duty Military, veterans, and senior residents (60+) no fee will be charged. You must request this at the time of Membership Card issuance. Failure to request this may result in you being issued a standard Membership Card and charged the fee. No refunds will be issued. This is only for the Active Duty Military member, veterans and/or senior resident. This does "discount" not apply to anyone else in their household.
- Again, accepted methods of payment are cash, check/money order made out to the "Town of West Seneca" and credit card. Please note there is an additional fee for credit card transactions. The preferred method of payment is check. Credit Cards are accepted but there is an additional transaction fee. The transaction fees are set by Gov’t portal and are subject to change at any time with no notice. There is an ATM located at Town Hall, there is a fee for use.
- If a Membership Card is lost, a new one must be applied for at the cost of $10.
- There are no refunds, for any reason, at any time.
What If I have a valid Resident Photo ID Card? IE: You were issued a Resident PHOTO ID Card before 11/1/2020 and it is still valid.
We will no longer accept Resident ID Cards. If your Resident ID Card is still valid, you can bring it to the Recreation office (before the expiration date printed on the card) and we will issue you a new Membership Card, valid for two years, at no cost. You must already have your MyRec.Com account set up (for yourself or any person obtaining a Membership Card), turn in the old Resident ID Card and provide all required items needed to obtain a Membership Card. If your Resident ID Card has expired on the date you attempt to obtain a Membership Card you will not be issued a Membership Card at no fee, you will be required to pay the Membership Card fee.
Example A: Sally visits the Recreation office on March 2, 2021. Sally bring her Valid Resident ID Card that expires on December 20, 2021 and her required items. Sally set up her online Recreation Account before visiting the office. West Seneca Youth & Recreation issues Sally a new Membership Card which will expire March 1, 2023 and Sally is charged no fee.
Example B: John visits the Recreation office on March 20, 2021. Mark brings his valid Resident ID Card that expires on December 20, 2021 and his required items. John did not set up his online Recreation Account before visiting the office. West Seneca Youth & Recreation is unable to issue John a Membership Card because he did not set up his online Recreation account.
Example C: Chuck visits the Recreation office on March 25, 2021. Chuck brings his valid Resident ID Card that expires on December 12, 2021, Chuck created his online Recreation account, Chuck did not bring his required items. West Seneca Youth & Recreation is unable to issue Chuck a Membership Card because he did not bring his required items.
Example D: Danielle visits the Recreation office on April 2, 2021. Danielle brings her Resident ID Card which expired on March 1, 2021 and her required items. Danielle set up her online recreation account before visiting the office. West Seneca Youth & Recreation issues Danielle a Membership Card and charges her a fee of $10.
Example E: Martha visits the Recreation office on March 2, 2021. Martha does not bring her Valid Resident ID Card that expires on December 20, 2021 and but she does her required items. Martha set up her online Recreation Account before visiting the office. West Seneca Youth & Recreation issues Sally a new Membership Card which will expire March 1, 2023 and Martha is charged the $10 Membership Card fee (because she did not turn in her Valid Resident ID Card at time of Membership Card issuance).
What happened to Summer Youth Resident ID Cards?
If you are a grandparent, aunt/uncle, etc., who has a youth (under the age of 18) staying with you for the entire length of their Summer Vacation they are eligible for a Youth Summer Resident Pass. In addition to the above-listed requirements for a minor, we will require a letter from the youth’s parent and/or guardian stating that the youth is staying with you for the entire length of their Summer vacation and acknowledging that the Town will be notified in writing when the youth returns to the parent’s/guardian’s custody. The youth’s membership card shall expire when the Town is notified of their return to a parent/guardian and/or on their expiration date, whichever occurs first. The letter must be presented at the time of the card issuance and must contain an original signature from the youth’s parent/guardian (we will not accept photocopies, scanned, faxed or emailed copies). All of the required items are due at the time of the membership Issuance. The youth must be present to have their photo taken. The youth must be registered under the family member obtaining the membership card, online recreation account. The family member obtaining the membership card agrees to all waivers, rules, regulations, etc., for this youth and assumes all risk and responsibility for the youth while they participate in Town of West Seneca programs and facilities. Youth Summer Membership Cards are the same fee as a regular card. All Youth Summer Membership cards expire on September 1 of the year they were issued. The department will only issues Summer Membership Cards between 6/1 - 9/1 of each year.
Will I still need a card for Youth Sports (West Seneca Youth Baseball, West Seneca Girls Softball, West Seneca Soccer Club)?
Previously, the Town of West Seneca required each program participant to have a valid Resident ID Card to qualify for the resident rate. As of the 2021 seasons the Town of West Seneca will no longer require this. However, the Town of West Seneca cannot guarantee the organization will not require a card and/or another form of proof of residency. Please contact the Youth Sports organization you are interested in enrolling in. West Seneca Youth Sports contact information be found here: https://westsenecany.myrec.com/info/affiliated/default.aspx
What if I pay West Seneca School District Taxes but not West Seneca Property Taxes?
Paying WSCSD School District taxes has never qualified someone for a Membership Card (previous Resident ID Card). To be considered a Resident/be issued a valid Resident ID Card the address must pay Town of West Seneca property taxes. School District taxes do not qualify you for a Resident ID Card. In regards to taxes school taxes and town property taxes are two separate tax bases. School taxes only go to the West Seneca Central School District and do not come back to the Town of West Seneca to fund any Town facilities/services. Town of West Seneca property taxes fund the Town of West Seneca Recreation Department (and other departments, services, and facilities). The Veterans Park Aquatics Complex, West Seneca Ice Rink and Recreation Department/Programs are Town of West Seneca entities. Due to this the discounted rate is for those way pay Town of West Seneca property taxes (and obtain a valid Resident ID Card). If you have questions regarding what is covered by your school district tax bill please contact the school district directly. If you have questions regarding what your property taxes cover, please contact the town directly that you pay property taxes in. For an overview on what West Seneca property taxes cover please visit: https://cleargov.com/new-york/erie/town/west-seneca
-The department heavily advertised this change when it went live, the WS Sun and WS Bee also ran news articles.
-Between June - August 2021, the department called all valid Resident ID Cardholders, if they had a valid phone number on file to inform them of this change.
-The department will continue to advertise these changes on social media.
-The last Resident ID Card was issued on 2/19/2020 and would have expired 2/19/22.
Click here to be re-directed to the account creation page.