News: May 2021 Newsletter
|4/21/2021 12:00:00 AM
||Lauren J. Masset
Summer 2021 positions now offer $14-$16.00 per hour PLUS up to a $500 BONUS!
- Reminder West Seneca Youth & Recreation will be closed on Memorial Day (5/31/2021).
- Summer Day Camp and Swim Lessons registration is currently taking place. Please visit our PROGRAMS page for more information. Link: https://westsenecany.myrec.com/info/activities/default.aspx?type=activities.
- The department office is open during its regular hours of operation Monday – Friday from 9:30 – 11:30 AM and 2:30 - 4:30 PM. Please call 716-674-6086 before you come to ensure we are not closed due to low staffing.
- Launching May 1, check out our Bird Watching for Kids and Bird Watching Scavenger Hunt activities. Link: https://westsenecany.myrec.com/documents/may_birding_scanvenger_hunt.pdf
- Thank-you to everyone who participated in our Winter Wellness Challenge and our Earth Day 2021 activity! Link: https://westsenecany.myrec.com/info/activities/program_details.aspx?ProgramID=29848 and https://westsenecany.myrec.com/info/activities/program_details.aspx?ProgramID=29854
- The department launched a Virtual Recreation Center! This is your place to find active, fun, recreation resources through these unprecedented times. We are committed to ensuring that our community has resources to maintain healthy lives, foster relationships, and continue to create memorable experiences. During these challenging times, our Virtual Recreation Center will help bring ideas to keep you and your loved ones healthy and entertained. This concept is taking the place of our WSREC@HOME. Link: https://westsenecany.myrec.com/info/activities/program_details.aspx?ProgramID=29842
- Resident ID Cards are no longer valid regardless of the expiration date. you now need a Membership Card please visit our website for more information.
- West Seneca Youth & Recreation is pairing with the friends of the Burchfield Nature and Art Center to bring you the “Discover West Seneca Series" this is a collection of scavenger hunts that take place around town. Check out our website for more information.
- Check out the Town of West Seneca Parks Tour and Activity Book. The book includes details on each town park, with activities that each household can participate in while practicing social distancing from others. Activities list adaptive suggestions (as needed). When the book is completed, there is a certificate parents can fill in and give their children. The book includes the NYSDOH "Guidance on How to Protect Yourself and Your Family from COVID-19 When Enjoying the Outdoors" memo stated March 18, 2020. LINK http://www.westseneca.net/application/files/9515/8558/9434/2020_Town_of_West_Seneca_Parks_Tour__Activity_Book___2.pdf
- The department resuming its regular office hours of operation with no appointment needed for program registration or membership card issuance (and offering extended hours), resuming its program schedule, and offering future programs is contingent upon staffing levels. We are Now Hiring:
- Clerk Typist Part-Time (Year-Round), $14.00/hour. Please visit our website for more information. We cannot open our office with a clerk-typist. Apply here:
Continues Applications Accepted For:
Recreation Attendant, Part-Time various positions such as but not limited to ice rink guard (16+), youth gym attendant (18+), camp staff (18+), certified aquatics staff (16+). We need Rec Attendants PT for 2021 programs (Adult Skate, Open Skate, Pickleball, Basketball, Open Gym, and More)! The gym will remain closed for programming until the gym positions are filled. Open/Adult Skate and Youth Gym Programs will not run until the rink positions are filled for the 2021-22 season. Apply Today!
Clerk Typist, Part-Time: Requirements include being proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Send completed application along with a current resume to The Town of West Seneca, Recreation Department, 1250 Union Road, West Seneca, NY 14224. The department office will remain under appointments being required for membership cards and walk in registration until this position is filled.
Now Hiring Link: http://www.westseneca.net/departments-and-services/youth-recreation/youth-gym-3#gsc.tab=0
APPLY TODAY! offering & Running safe & successful Recreation programs is dependent upon OUR STAFF / STAFFING LEVELS!
This document does not contain all department information. Please visit our website (www.westsenecarecreation.com) for more information.