News: April 2021 Newsletter
|3/19/2021 12:00:00 AM
||Lauren J. Masset
- Reminder West Seneca Youth & Recreation will be closed on Good Friday (4/2/2021).
- Summer Program Registration is currently taking place. Please visit our PROGRAMS page for more information. Link: https://westsenecany.myrec.com/info/activities/default.aspx?type=activities.
- The department office is open during it's regular hours of operation Monday – Friday from 9:30 – 11:30 AM and 2:30 - 4:30 PM. Please note that WALK IN PROGRAM REGISTRATION AND MEMBERSHIP CARD ISSUANCE is by APPOINTMENT ONLY due to low staffing. Appointments will take place Monday – Friday between 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM or 2:30 – 4:30 PM. Please call 674-6086 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment. Appointment time slots vary by day and are first come, first serve.
- April 22, 2021 is Earth Day. Check out our Earth Day 2021 Activity on our programs page. Link: https://westsenecany.myrec.com/info/activities/default.aspx?type=activities. This activity will be released on April 1, 2021.
- CCL Youth Gym Programs have been suspended due to COVID-19 and low staffing levels. programs re-starting is contingent upon proper staffing levels. We are still collecting employment applications for these programs. Please see our website for more information regarding open jobs.
- The department launched a Virtual Recreation Center! This is your place to find active, fun, recreation resources through these unprecedented times. We are committed to ensuring that our community has resources to maintain healthy lives, foster relationships, and continue to create memorable experiences. During these challenging times, our Virtual Recreation Center will help bring ideas to keep you and your loved ones healthy and entertained. This concept is taking the place of our WSREC@HOME. Link: https://westsenecany.myrec.com/info/activities/program_details.aspx?ProgramID=29842
- Resident ID Cards are no longer valid regardless of the expiration date. you now need a Membership Card please visit our website for more information.
- West Seneca Youth & Recreation is pairing with the friends of the Burchfield Nature and Art Center to bring you the “Discover West Seneca Series" this is a collection of scavenger hunts that take place around town. Check out our website for more information.
- West Seneca Youth & Recreation is pairing with the friends of the Burchfield Nature and Art Center to bring you “Craft Kits" Craft Kits are free, one per youth, while supplies last. Craft Kits can be picked up outside our office window when the CCL is open.
- Check out the Town of West Seneca Parks Tour and Activity Book. The book includes details on each town park, with activities that each household can participate in while practicing social distancing from others. Activities list adaptive suggestions (as needed). When the book is completed, there is a certificate parents can fill in and give their children. The book includes the NYSDOH "Guidance on How to Protect Yourself and Your Family from COVID-19 When Enjoying the Outdoors" memo stated March 18, 2020. LINK http://www.westseneca.net/application/files/9515/8558/9434/2020_Town_of_West_Seneca_Parks_Tour__Activity_Book___2.pdf
- The department resuming its regular office hours of operation with no appointment needed for program registration or membership card issuance (and offering extended hours), resuming its program schedule, and offering future programs is contingent upon staffing levels. We are Now Hiring:
Continues Applications Accepted For:
- For Summer 2021 Recreation Programs and Lifeguards. We cannot run camp program or open the aquatics center without qualified staff. For more information on open jobs or to schedule an interview for summer employment, please visit our website.
- Youth Service Coordinator Part-Time (Year-Round), $17.00/hour. please visit our website for more information.
- Clerk Typist Part-Time (Year-Round), $12.50/hour. Please visit our website for more information. We cannot open our office with a clerk-typist.
Recreation Attendant, Part-Time various positions such as but not limited to ice rink guard (16+), youth gym attendant (18+), camp staff (18+), certified aquatics staff (16+). We need Rec Attendants PT for 2021 programs (Adult skate, Open skate, Pickleball, Basketball, Open Gym, and More)! The gym will remain closed for programming until the gym positions are filled. Open/Adult Skate will not run until the rink positions are filled for the 2021-22 season.
Clerk, Part-Time: Requirements include being proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Send completed application along with a current resume to The Town of West Seneca, Recreation Department, 1250 Union Road, West Seneca, NY 14224. The department office will remain under appointments being required for membership cards and walk in registration until this position is filled.
Now Hiring Link: http://www.westseneca.net/departments-and-services/youth-recreation/youth-gym-3#gsc.tab=0
APPLY TODAY! offering & Running safe & successful Recreation programs is dependent upon OUR STAFF / STAFFING LEVELS!
This document does not contain all department information. Please visit our website (www.westsenecarecreation.com) for more information.